Thursday, June 18, 2009

Why do we fall?

"So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

That's what Thomas Wayne says to his young son, Bruce, in the 2005 movie "Batman Begins." Wifey had somehow never seen it, even though I was sure I'd shown it to her before. So for the last three nights before bed we've been watching it, and we finally finished it last night. (I know. We're pitiful.)




Today wasn't so great. Nothing really bad happened. I just got discouraged. So here I am at midnight finally getting around to writing something. I had intended on just skipping today, for the first weekday since I started this blog in April. I just couldn't find anything in me I felt was worth sharing.

I had a bad day. It's getting tough to go into work, knowing that there are only a few days left before my layoff. I keep thinking I hear somebody say, "Dead man walking!" like in that movie. Men really struggle with defining themselves in terms of their work. So it's tough.

What am I gonna do? I'm gonna get up in six-and-a-half hours, eat some Fruit Loops, read my Bible, and get my butt in to work. Cause that's what men do.

We pick ourselves up. And we generally find ourselves stronger for it.


-Solid

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you babe! YOU ROCK!

    Happy Birthday almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on ya! Sorry things have been so tough. You are on to better things though , I know.

    ReplyDelete