Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Whuzuh? Zicam?

The FDA recently issued a warning against the nasal gel and nasal swab forms of Zicam. I’ve used the pill form before, but never these. It’s kinda like Airborne. It’s supposed to either prevent a cold that’s coming on or significantly reduce the symptoms.




It never really worked for me, but I pretty much take whatever my wife gives me. She could poison me anytime she wanted. Today she gave me this big yellow pill and said, “It’s oil. It’ll [blah-blah-blah] your [blah-blah-blah].”


“Fish oil?” I asked. That’s the only kind of oil I could think of that comes in pill form. I’ve never taken it, but it’s always fascinated me. I picture people with plastic hairnets, white coats, and blue plastic gloves squeezing fish over bowls to get the juice out of them.

“No, it’s [bluh-bluh-bluh].”

“Ok, fine.” I swallowed it without water. I know. I have mad pill-swallowing skillz. Somebody call Letterman.


Anyway, I found out today that Zicam is basically a zinc supplement. This is zinc:




Yes, we need a little bit of it in our diet, but c’mon! Is it any surprise that snorting it in gel form might cause a little damage to the sense of smell?

Then again, I can’t talk. If my wife stuck it up my nose and told me to snort, I’d do it. I’m not gonna lie.


-Solid


2 comments:

  1. Flax, sweetheart. It was flax oil.

    :)

    Good for your heart! Supposably!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post. Fish oil vitamins are very good for the body. You must be careful to see that the dosages are within the limits. An overdose can prove very costly. If taken rationally, fish oil vitamins are very good for the eyes and the health in general.

    ReplyDelete