Friday, June 5, 2009

What's up? (Part 2)

I answered this question a few weeks ago, but I felt like it deserved a revisit. What's Up? That's the movie I'm taking Wifey to see tonight.




We're going to the drive-in, which is one of our favorite things to do. We usually sit in lawn chairs, open the trunk of the car, and put down the back seats so we can hear the movie and enjoy the wonderful San Diego weather at the same time. But tonight, for the first time ever, we get to watch a movie from the back of a pickup truck. So we're loading up a bunch of pillows and blankets so we can snuggle under the stars and enjoy a movie.




We've been married two years. All through my life I've heard stories about couples that do this kind of thing early on, but later they're just not as romantic. It seems like Wifey and I get more romantic and snuggley and in love every day. I dread the day that this isn't fun anymore!

I guess having kids makes it tough, but I know that a bunch of couples don't have the marriage we do after two years. We work really hard at it. I have no idea what it will be like ten years from now, or twenty, or fifty, but everything I've learned from people I trust tells me that it can keep getting better every day, if we're willing to do the necessary work.

I don't know. All I know is I can't wait to snuggle up with Wifey under the blankets tonight and watch a movie. I love her so much.


-Solid

5 comments:

  1. It was a really great night. I love you so much too! Thank you for everything.

    I can't wait for summer vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya'll are so lucky to even have a drive-in open....I think there is maybe one left somewhere in the metroplex, but that may be just an old legend! When I was a child, the drive-in was the only movie my mom and dad could afford to take all of us. Mama would pack sandwiches and drinks (no $$$ for the concession stand back then) and we'd have a car picnic.Sometimes they would even let us play on the playground before the movie started. You should have heard all the cars honking kids back to them as soon as the previews started on the screen! I remember being told not to stare into other cars on the way back....especially teenager's cars! After I became a teen and yes even a young bride myself, I knew why! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night was the best! Since our truck has a camper, it was like having our own private room. We hit the grocery store first and got a bunch of junk food, laid out almost every blanket we had in the back (with four or five pillows), laid back and watched a double feature.

    Ok, to be truthful, we fell asleep during the second movie, but that's just part of the fun. What a great date.

    And yeah, Mom. This is a nice drive-in too. It takes a while to drive there (it's right on the border), but it's three screens, has nice landscaping, and even sloped parking. That's one of the things I'll miss when we leave San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NEVER been to a drive-in movie. That sounds so fun! Glad you guys are making time to do that kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here ya go, Amy! Take the kids.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=drive+in+move+sidney&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,7725544074335530608&ei=3TErSsjDOKDItAOvjYj0Cg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

    ReplyDelete