Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My bug question

What to do at 3:45AM when you have insomnia? Blog, of course.

Guys, I've got a problem. I have this blog that's supposed to be about answering life's biggest questions, and I can't think of any more. Except one. And I don't know the answer to it.

Seriously, I always get the same answer when I ask people, and I'm still not satisfied. So let me torment you with it...

You know how bugs can walk on the surface of the water without breaking the surface tension?




Here's my question. Do they get wet? Most people say yes without thinking, but I remain unconvinced! Think about this. They don't break the surface of the water, so how can they take any drops of water with them? And look at the guy! It looks like he's sitting on a layer of plastic!

Meh. I'm going back to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Fun question. Try filling a cup with water and gently put your fingertip on the surface or maybe some other lightweight object. Touch it to a piece of paper that gets dark when it's wet. Let me know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete